Can I Count You In?
The FanningSparks subscription feature allows you to sign up for email notifications. It’s meant to be an easy way for you to learn about new blog posts. The actual sign up process includes two steps 1) you enter your email address, first name and last name 2) we send an email to the email address you provided with a special link for you to click. It’s that easy. But before you enter your email address, let’s be clear about what you’re signing up for so you know what will and what will not happen.
What Will Happen If You Sign Up?
• You’ll be asked to enter your email address, first and last name. This data will automatically be added to the FanningSparks email list which is professionally maintained through MailChimp’s marketing automation platform.
• You’ll receive a weekly email. The plan is to post to the blog once a week… probably every Tuesday. After each blog post is published, an email will be sent to everyone on the FanningSparks email list. The email notification will simply tell you about the latest post and provide a direct link for your convenience.
• You may receive a quarterly summary email. Occasionally (meaning no more than once a quarter or 4 times a year), an additional email may be sent.
• You’ll be able to stay in the loop with minimal effort; no need to check FanningSparks for new posts.
What Will NOT Happen If You Sign Up?
• You will not be bombarded with emails. There will not be an influx of FanningSparks emails in your inbox. As noted above, there will be no more than one email per week plus one quarterly summary email per year.
• The emails will always come from the same sender email address, Admin@FanningSparks.com, so you should be able to set up email rules in your inbox if you wish to move these emails into a special folder.
• Of course, as required by the US FTC CAN-SPAM regulations, you can easily opt out of receiving future emails. Every email will have an Unsubscribe link in the footer. Choosing this unsubscribe option, will automatically inactivate your email address from the FanningSparks email list.
You Have Options
If you choose not to sign up for email notifications, there are multiple ways to keep in touch with FanningSparks. You may prefer to follow FanningSparks in Instagram and/or Pinterest. Or you can always use a feed reader like Bloglovin or Feedly.
In addition to the convenience of email notifications for you, the FanningSparks email list has an upside for me as well. Most importantly, it moves you from an anonymous reader to someone with a name which makes it so much easier to connect. In addition, an active email list is one way to demonstrate to potential sponsors and affiliate marketing program that FanningSparks has an engaged audience. It’s win-win!
Can I Count You In?
Now that you’ve got the full scoop, can I count you in? Simply go to the Can I Count You In? box in the far right sidebar to sign up.